08 January 2010

Posted by Lisa

Labels: ,

Day 8 - Natural Beauty

This is my 5 year old daughter, Erika. I wish I could look so beautiful first thing in the morning, in the afternoon, in the evening....well, anytime, really. I always emphasize to my girls that their true beauty is on the inside. And we try not to over do telling them how beautiful they are on the outside. The last thing I want my girls to do is be overly concerned about their looks (or anyone else's for that matter!) as they mature. We don't even talk about makeup until they're at least 15 or 16, and then it's only used on a limited basis. But on the inside we all see that natural beauty our little ones possess and want to bottle it up for them so they can keep it forever. Wouldn't that be nice? Instead, I'll stick with capturing these moments with my trusty camera. It's almost as good.


post signature

10 comments

  1. Wow..your clarity is amazing here. Not too mention the gorgeous subject you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is divine..I really love her eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfection....And what an amazing mommy to instill those values!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm attempting to use this blog layout in a new blog that I'm creating. I'm curious, what do you use to create your posts? I have always used Windows Live Writer, but cannot get it to work with this new layout. Please help!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melissa, I just sent you an email. Not sure it will help, but I'll try. If you don't get the email, let me know in a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa -- I know I've said this to you a million times ... but you really are quite talented. Your shots are full of beauty -- as are your subjects!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Day 8
    Very peaceful, full of hope
    Thanks...vmars316

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © 2013 Stowe Vermont Photographer | Stowe Family Photographer | Stowe Newborn Photographer | Design by Cinnamon Girl Studio